Sunday, September 18, 2022

20220904: Setia Alam > Kuala Selangor > Ijok > Setia Alam


Total Riders: 3
Journey Covered: 87km

Today this was a leisure ride, with one of the friends back to ride after such a long layoff. Today's ride without any hill climbing, almost flat route with slow speed. We started the ride about 7.15am in the morning, starting from the Setia Alam Central Park. We started by going thru Klang, passing by Bandar Bukit Raja using the new flyover bridge heading to Jalan Kapar. Everything seems good for today's route. 

As usual, I would ride at the behind following the train's head speed which is just nice for the rest of us. From there, we turn left to follow the Jalan Kampung Perapat and then to Jalan Keretapi Lama. This to avoid the main road of Kapar / Kuala Selangor which sometimes having lorry passing by. Though cycling is fun, but I do believe that safety would need to come first. Nothing is interesting here, except there are some nice hidden seafood restaurants as well as coconut flower drinks. 


As usual, the sun start to shining and the heat getting stronger. When we almost the famous Jeram pao shop, then only we decided our journey to continue on to Kuala Selangor. The fun of cycling with this group is the impromptu decision and hence the journey continue. I was suppose to train back my stamina to prepare for the Hulu Selangor KOM 2022. From here we continue our journey till Jalan Kuala Selangor, passing by SJK (T) Bukit Rotan. Here we have our first stop and resting for a while. Here we met with 2 other cyclists and chatted for a while. They were asking where we heading to and whether they could following us together. When we turned into Jalan Parit Manang, they continue their journey on their own.


Continue we pedalling until we reached the junction of Jalan Dato Miskon, and here we had another stop to take a rest under the hot sun. We saw a peloton passing us when we stopping, though our train head trying to follow them. What I could do is telling the train head to continue while I having my rest. However, at the end we still stick with each other. The day getting hot by now. Hence this is just a short stop for us. What I like this stretch is due to the drains water is quite clear, which I find it amazing to have such a clean water. 


From here, we pedalling back to Setia Alam. Instead we going thru the Jalan Meru as usual, the train head directed us to turn into the kampung road. From there, we had another stop again and this time to buy some water. Here, I received a call from my wife telling me the delivery of the bed bunk can't be done due to the security guard does not allow the lorry to enter. I had to make a call back to the guard house and spending 30 minutes reasoning with the guard. By then it really hot, and I'm sorry to my friends waiting for me under the hot sun. 


Once this sorted out, we continue our ride back to Central Park, but I didn't join them for drinks as I need to rush back to see the bed installation. Had the guard let them in earlier on, I would able to join them at least for a couple of sips before heading back. However, indeed this is a good ride though it's a bit hot by then. 


GPX File: 20220904.gpx

No comments:

Post a Comment